|1903 Purdue Boilermakers football|
|1903 record||4–2 (0–2 Western)|
|Head coach||Oliver Cutts (1st season)|
|Captain||I. S. Osborn|
Template:1903 Western Conference football standings The 1903 Purdue Boilermakers football team was an American football team that represented Purdue University during the 1903 college football season. In their first season under head coach Oliver Cutts, the Boilermakers compiled a 4–2 record before 14 players were killed in a train accident on the way to a game in Indianapolis. Purdue officials cancelled the game and the remainder of Purdue's schedule, leading the Boilermakers to finish in last place in the Western Conference with an 0–2 record against conference opponents, outscoring their opponents by a combined total of 87 to 48. I. S. Osborn was the team captain.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|September 26||Chicago Englewood High School*||W 34-0|
|October 1||Wabash*||Wabash, IN||W 18-0|
|October 3||Beloit*||W 17-0|
|October 10||at Chicago||L 0-22|
|October 17||at Illinois||L 0–24|
|October 24||Oberlin*||W 18-2|
|October 31||vs. Indiana|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Schmidt, Ray (May 2008). "The 1903 Purude Tragedy". College Football Historical Society. http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/CFHSN/CFHSNv21/CFHSNv21n3c.pdf. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- "Purdue Yearly Results (1900-1904)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/p/purdue/1900-1904_yearly_results.php. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "1903 Purdue Boilermakers Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/purdue/1903-schedule.html. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Purdue 2006 Football Information Guide". Purdue University. p. 126. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/06fbg-123-208.pdf. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Purdue 2006 Football Information Guide (Supplemental Material)". Purdue University. p. 84 of 97. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/06fbg-123-208.pdf. Retrieved December 29, 2016.