|1897 Haskell Indians football|
The 1897 Haskell Indians football team was an American football team that represented the Haskell Indian Institute (now known as Haskell Indian Nations University) as an independent during the 1897 college football season. The team compiled a 1–4 record and failed to register any points in its four losses. The team's sole victory was over Midland College of Atchison, Kansas. The 1895 season was the school's third competing in football. No record has been found identifying a coach for the team, though Frank Sweet was identified as the manager. The team played no home games.
|September 29||at Washburn||L 0–6|
|October 9||at Kansas||L 0–40|||
|October 23||at Midland||Atchison, KS||W 22–0|||
|October 27||at Kansas City University Medical College||L 0–42|||
|November 25||at Washburn||L 0–8|||
- ↑ "Haskell vs. Washburn". Topeka State Journal: p. 8. November 24, 1897. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/31364779/haskell_vs_washburn/.
- ↑ "K. U. Wins". http://www.newspapers.com/clip/31364590/k_u_wins/.
- ↑ "Foot-Ball". http://www.newspapers.com/clip/31355898/football/.
- ↑ "Medics Defeat the Indians". http://www.newspapers.com/clip/31364473/medics_defeat_the_indians/.
- ↑ "Indians Were Massacred". http://www.newspapers.com/clip/31356153/indians_were_massacred/.