|1895 Iowa Agricultural Cyclones football|
|Head coach||Pop Warner|
The 1895 Iowa Agricultural Cyclones football team represented Iowa Agricultural College (later renamed Iowa State University) as an independent during the 1895 college football season. The Cyclones compiled a 3–4 record and outscored all opponents by a combined total of 82 to 70. Ed Mellinger was the team captain.
While Pop Warner is listed as the team's head coach, The Des Moines Register reported that he only worked with the team before the season started, and "it is believed he only saw the team play once" during the five-year period he was listed as the coach. Ira C. Brownlie, who founded the Iowa Agricultural football program in 1892, later recalled: "In 1895 the great Pop Warner came out to Ames to coach. He would remain with us from July to October 1. . . . He was at Ames for five years that way."
Between 1892 and 1913, the football team played on a field that later became the site of the university's Parks Library.
|September 15||at Butte AC||L 10–12|
|September 26||at Purdue||L 0–6|
|September 28||at Northwestern||W 36–0|
|September 30||at Wisconsin||L 6–12|
|October 12||at Sioux City Athletics||W 6–0|
|October 19||at Minnesota||L 0–24|
|October 28||at Iowa||W 24–0|
- ↑ "1895 Iowa State Cyclones Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/1895-schedule.html. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "2017 Iowa State Football Fact Book". Iowa State University. 2017. p. 129. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/isuni.sidearmsports.com/documents/2015/5/5/Media_Guide.pdf. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- ↑ Maury White (September 27, 1992). "ISU marking 100 years of football". The Des Moines Register: p. 13D. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13980079/isu_marking_100_years_of_football/.
- ↑ "Dr. Brownlie Started Game 61 Years Ago: At Age Of 80 He's Still Going Strong In Football". Quad-City Times: p. 15. October 20, 1953. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13980625/dr_brownlie_started_game_61_years_ago/.
- ↑ "Iowa State Football History: The 1890's". cyclones.com. http://www.cyclones.com/news/2012/6/15/205439131.aspx. Retrieved September 24, 2017.