|1892 Purdue Boilermakers football|
|Conference||Indiana Intercollegiate Athletic Association|
|1892 record||8–0 (4–0 ICAA)|
|Head coach||Knowlton Ames (2nd season)|
|Captain||J. C. Teeters|
|Home stadium||Stuart Field|
The 1892 Purdue Boilermakers football team represented Purdue University in the 1892 college football season. In their second year under head coach Knowlton Ames, the Boilermakers compiled an undefeated 8–0 record (5–0 Big Ten) and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 320 to 24, including victories over Illinois (12-6), Wisconsin (32-4), Michigan (24-0), Indiana (68-0), and Chicago (38-0). J. C. Teeters was the team captain.
|October 8||at Illinois *||W 12–6|
|October 15||at Wabash||Crawfordsville, IN||W 72–0|||
|October 19||Wisconsin*||W 34–6|
|October 24||Michigan*||W 24–0|
|October 29||Butler||W 40–6|
|November 5||Indiana||W 68–0|
|November 19||Chicago *||W 38–0|
|November 24||vs. DePauw||Indianapolis||W 32–6||10,000|||
- H. L. Browne, quarterback
- Leon Crowell, left end
- Larry Downs, left guard
- Bill Finney, left tackle
- A. L. Fulkerson, left guard
- Gerber, left tackle
- Joe Hudelson, halfback
- A. P. Jamison, left halfback
- S. M. Kintner, quarterback
- Jesse Little, right tackle
- Walt Muessel, right guard
- Edwin Olin, end
- Cecil Polk, right end
- Archibald Stevenson, center
- Jimmy Studebaker, fullback
- Jack Thompson, right halfback
- ↑ "Purdue Yearly Results (1890-1894)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/p/purdue/1890-1894_yearly_results.php. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- ↑ "2016 Boilermaker Football Media Guide". Purdue University. 2016. p. 87. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/mediaguide.pdf.
- ↑ "Wabash Not In It". The Indianapolis Journal: p. 4. October 16, 1892. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/21143534/wabash_not_in_it/.
- ↑ "DePauw Not Shut Out". The Indianapolis Journal: p. 4. November 25, 1892. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/21143662/depauw_not_shut_out/.