|1882 Northwestern Purple football|
|1882 college football records|
|Clifton A. C.||–||1||–||3||–||0|
The 1882 Northwestern Purple football team was an American football team that represented Northwestern University during the 1882 college football season. The Northwestern team played its first intercollegiate football game against Lake Forest College on November 11, 1882. Northwestern lost after giving up one goal from touchdown, two touchdowns, and two "safety touchdowns." In a rematch played one week later between the same teams, Northwestern recorded its first intercollegiate football victory with two touchdowns and one goal from touchdown.
|November 11||Lake Forest||Evanston, IL||L 0–1|||
|November 18||Lake Forest||W 1–0|
- ↑ "Year-by-Year Results" (PDF). 2007. p. 145. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nw/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/nu-mg-07-history.pdf#page=4.
- ↑ Larry LaTourette (2005). "Northwestern Wildcat Football". Arcadia Publishing. p. 10. ISBN 0738534331.
- ↑ "Northwestern Yearly Results (1880-1884)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/n/northwestern/1880-1884_yearly_results.php. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- ↑ "2017 Northwestern Football Media Guide". Northwestern University. p. 106. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/nusports.com/documents/2017/7/21/Northwestern_2017_Media_Guide.pdf. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- ↑ "In the Suburbs: Evanston". Chicago Tribune: p. 4. November 14, 1882. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/21005824/in_the_suburbs_evanston/.
|25px||This article about a sports team in Illinois is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|