|1869 Rutgers Queensmen football|
Co-national champion (Davis)
|Head coach||No coach|
|1869 college football records|
The 1869 Rutgers Queensmen football team represented Rutgers University in the 1869 college football season. The team finished with a 1–1 record and was retroactively named the co-national champion by Parke H. Davis. They played Princeton two times, splitting the series one game apiece. The team had no coach, and its captain was William Leggett.
|November 6||Princeton||W 6–4|
|November 13||at Princeton||Princeton, NJ||L 0–8|
- 1869 New Jersey vs. Rutgers football game
- List of historically significant college football games
- List of the first college football game in each US state
- ↑ "National Poll Champions". NCAA Division I Football Records. National Collegiate Athletic Association. 2017. p. 110. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2017/FBS.pdf. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- ↑ "1869 Rutgers Scarlet Knights Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/rutgers/1869-schedule.html. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- ↑ "2014 Rutgers Football Media Guide". Rutgers University. 2014. https://issuu.com/ruathletics/docs/2014rutgersfootballfactbook_web. Retrieved June 14, 2016.